I’m alive or something.
Remember when I said, “I’ll post every Monday! I’ll be a DISCIPLINED WRITER.”
Yeah. About that.
So as you all know, I went back to school. I attend Immaculata University, and am completing my English degree (focus in literature) and am earning a Secondary Ed certification at the same time. It’s not as if I have not had anything to write about–I have actually had quite a few interesting things to share–but that I just didn’t have the time.
So, without further ado, here is an unorganized list of things that have been keeping me busy:
- The Epic of Gilgamesh
- The Iliad
- The Odyssey
- The Aeneid
- The Penn Museum
which is SO COOL you guys I want to live there
- Listening to archeologists give lectures about Troy and how it was LITERALLY A BRONZE AGE TOURIST TRAP I seriously can’t
- writing lesson plans
- spending all of my money on scrapbooking supplies so I can make ridiculous presentation displays
- drinking all of the keuring pods in Radnor so I can stay awake through the ridiculous amounts of data entry I have to do
- doing ridiculous amounts of data entry so I can continue affording to live
- Begging every school in the county (and some outside) to let me come in and observe
- and then being ignored by all of them
- inventing silly study games for students I don’t actually have
- writing pretend lesson plans to deliver to my class of adults studying education (not high schoolers studying English
- and finding out that I don’t suck at teaching(YAY), but that my class actually DOES suck at English.
- doing an in-depth structuralist and reader-response analysis to The Fault In Our Stars for my final paper
- and then finding out that the teacher only wants six to eight pages, instead of the necessary twelve
- and having weekly meltdowns over my online required basic earth and space science class, which is harder than any of my major classes despite the fact that it is just a core.
PHEW. okay. Maybe over the break I will have time to write in actual paragraph form. Until then, Merry Christmachanukwanzika!